Monday, July 28, 2014

Birchbox July 2014 Review

Spoiler alert: my Birchbox this month was amazing.  Okay, now that's out of the way, back to business.  If you're not familiar, Birchbox is a beauty subscription box that arrives monthly.  For just $10/month you receive 4-5+ sample sized items to try that are tailored to you through your profile.  I've found some great things through Birchbox that I otherwise wouldn't have had a chance to try.  Birchbox also has a killer point reward system.  For all of your samples per month, you can review them for 10 points.  Every 100 points gets you $10 off in their store to buy full sized items (you'll also earn points with every purchase you make.)  I'm currently sitting at 385 points, they're burning a hole in my pocket!


Ta da!  Awesome box.  One of the things Birchbox did in July (that they've done again in August) is allow you to choose your own sample.  It was the first time they've done it, so there were a few hiccups in the process, but I got my top choice, so I was happy.  You could choose between 3 different Ruffian Nail Polish Colors or 2 different Cynthia Rowley Lip Stains.  I picked polish (to add to my growing collection) in Relic.  I'm on the search for the perfect silver color to go with my Eagles green for the start of Football Season!

Starting from the left, I received Naobay Lotion.  I really love it.  It's got a great slightly lemony scent and it hydrates pretty well.  I've brought it into work and it's perfect for a little pick-me-up during the day.

I received 2 samples of the Beauty Protector Hair Mask.  I use the Beauty Protect Shampoo, Condition, & De-Tangler.  I really love the product line and the hair mask is no exception.  It smells beautiful and leaves my hair super soft.

My chosen sample of Ruffian Relic came with a Ruffian Nail Polish Remover Pad as a bonus.  The color is okay, it's pretty, a little more bronze than I thought it would be.  So I'm still on the search for a good silver, but I like the Ruffian line, so I'm happy I chose it.  I don't really understand Nail Remover Pads.  If you really want a crazy expensive way to remove polish instead of a bottle and some cotton balls, knock yourself out.  I like having a couple on hand (I've gotten a couple other brand samples) for travel in case I need to remove on the go, but it's not something I'd ever use on a regular basis.



Next is the Benefit PosieBalm.  I'm usually underwhelmed by Benefit products.  I like their FakeUp and the They're Real Mascara, but everything else has fallen short.  I have mixed feelings on this one.  First, look at how laughably small the sample is compared to the packaging.  I thought it'd be pretty decent until I opened it.  Anyway, I really like the sheer color and how it feels on my lips.  BUT it's very heavily perfumed and very floral.  Of course, floral perfume scents are a pretty major migraine trigger for me.  Having that scent directly under my nose...it's a recipe for disaster.  Oh well.

Finally I received the Real Chemistry Luminous 3 Minute Peel.  I was a little anxious because the skin on my face is pretty sensitive and I've had trouble with peels in the past.  Due to the good reviews, I decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a try.  I really liked it!  My skin felt soft and it wasn't too harsh.  It was definitely a winner!

All in all, I had an awesome box.  I was really happy with everything - or at least getting to try everything!  If you're looking for a Beauty Box, definitely give Birchbox a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment